Sunday, February 19, 2012

Questionnaire- Kaleb Zaremba


Questionnaire for Survivors of the Attacks

Kaleb Zaremba

1.)    Please list your age, sex, nationality and approximate location.

39, M, Belarus, Pinsk

2.)    How old were you on March 7, 2017 (Day of Invasion)?

34

3.)    Where did you spend the years from 2017 to 2022?

I was part of the Eastern European opposition front. We started the fight in Belarus and then proceeded to attack Paris, it was DEVASTATAED.  We reclaimed a big chunk of the city and liberated a lot of people from occupied zones. We were there for most of the invasion, living in the outskirts of the city.   By 2020, we had managed to not only clear a large area, but even got a power plant running again.  It was one of the first places that had electricity back. 

4.)    How many individuals were you with during these years?

It was just a couple of us at first.  By the time we reached France, there were hundreds of soldiers and probably ten times as many civilians. They were so desperate for some kind of leader, some kind of semblance of society, that it was pretty easy to organize.

5.)    How did you meet basic necessities like food and clean water?

We scavenged as we went. Some days we hunted or picked food, there were so many abandoned farms that year it was pretty easy to find food.  After we got into France, it was more populated so we ransacked shops and abandoned houses.  Once things got more organized, we set up farming units outside the city.

6.)    Did you witness any of the attacks personally?

Too many.
A.)  If Yes:

i.)                  Can you describe what the invaders looked like?

I’ve been asked this question more times than I can remember.  The only answer I can give is I don’t know.  To me, they seemed tall, oily…formless like a shadow but somehow…greasy.  My partner though? He said they looked reptilian, all scales and claws.  Others have said that they look just like the aliens from the movies – big eyes, oval heads.  I don’t think anyone REALLY sees them, if that makes any sense.  I think that they make you see what you fear…or maybe what you expect to see. 

ii.)                At what time did you first see the invaders?

I didn’t see one until about a week after the first attacks.  I was holed up in my cousin’s farm outside of Pinsk when we heard crashing in the woods.  All of a sudden a pack of them started racing across the yard.  I don’t know if they didn’t know we were inside the house, or just didn’t care.  There were a few kids with us then, so I thank god that they didn’t attack.  But it was then that I knew I was going to leave and find some way to fight them.  After actually seeing them, knowing what they had done to my town, my family…hell, the whole world, the only thing I wanted was to kill as many of them as possible. I helped my cousin and his family gather food and weapons and left a few days later.

iii.)              Did the invaders attempt to communicate with you?

I know some other’s experienced that, but not me.

iv.)              Did the invaders attempt to harm you or others near you?

Every time we saw one.

B.)   If No:

i.)                  How did you learn of the attacks?

ii.)                At what time did you learn of the attacks?

iii.)              What was your reaction to learning of the attacks?

iv.)              What did you do after you learned of the attacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment